About Whitefish Housing Authority
Whitefish Housing Authority (WHA) was established in 1967 to provide safe, decent, and affordable housing to the community of Whitefish. WHA aims to provide housing opportunities for all members of our community in need – including ADA-accessible housing, housing for senior citizens, and workforce housing. WHA residents span many income levels.
In 2016,the Whitefish Chamber of Commerce, in partnership with the City of Whitefish and Whitefish Housing Authority commissioned a needs assessment to determine the current need for workforce-level housing in the 59937 zip code. The assessment determined that Whitefish was approximately 1,000 housing units short of demand. With the data generated in the needs assessment, the City of Whitefish established a working group of concerned citizens, business owners, real estate professionals and long-term planners to develop a strategic housing plan. In 2017, the Strategic Housing Plan was adopted by the Whitefish City Council. Today, WHA works closely with Whitefish Chamber of Commerce, local business owners, builders, and the City of Whitefish and are determined to address this shortcoming for the sustainability and vitality of our community.
- Maintain, improve, and effectively utilize our existing public housing facility for the elderly and disabled.
- Develop additional housing in response to local needs
- Assist Whitefish residents with their housing needs
- Provide effective leadership and management for safe, decent and affordable housing.
- Increase public awareness and support of our housing programs.
- Be successful in our efforts for the citizens of Whitefish and our surrounding community.
Licensed Property Manager
Board Of Commissioners
WHA board members are appointed by the Mayor of Whitefish. Board vacancies are posted here, on the City of Whitefish website.
WHA Board of Commissioners meet on the 4th Wednesday of each month at 4:00 pm in the Whitefish City Hall, Whitefish / “Arches” Conference Room.
The public is welcome and encouraged to attend.
Board Vice Chair