Information for Prospective Home Buyers
The following process is recommended for interested buyers (the order is recommended, but listed items within phases could vary).
Qualification for LHP Programs and Properties:
- Meet with the Legacy Homes Program Coordinator
- Obtain homebuyer education certification (CAPNM)
- Complete an LHP application.
- Obtain a pre-approval letter from a private lending institution.
Steps to Becoming an LHP Owner
- Enter into a purchase agreement for the home.
- Independent legal review of the Deed Restriction by an attorney on behalf of the Applicant/Household is recommended.