Information for Prospective Home Buyers
Application Process – How to Apply for LHP Homeownership
The following process is recommended for interested buyers (the order is recommended, but listed items within phases could vary).
Qualification for LHP Programs and Properties:
- Meet with the Legacy Homes Program Coordinator
- Obtain homebuyer education certification (CAPNM)
- Complete an LHP application.
- Obtain a pre-approval letter from a private lending institution.
Steps to Becoming an LHP Owner
- Enter into a purchase agreement for the home.
- Independent legal review of the Deed Restriction by an attorney on behalf of the Applicant/Household is recommended.